Monday, June 22, 2009

Laserzzz

I spend way too much time finding AMAZING things on the internetz. Here is one of them:

We Have Lasers!!!!!!

A totally awesome site featuring 1980s and 90s era laser photos. What's a laser photo? something like this:
I love the crazy retro-futuristic backgrounds mixed with all of the wonderful 80s-90s kids fashion and redonkulous hair. Note the HUGE ribbon hair barrette, embroidered teal t-shirt, and strange mullet bangs on the girl above.

These kids are just too cool! How BA is this next little girl?! Wearing white tights and a pink turtleneck/ sea foam green sweater combo in the middle of a lightning storm in the Matrix!?


These two go a step further by adding text and props!

I sure do wish I could go on a "voyage to the stars"! And isn't that second girl adorable? If I had been a teenager in '91 I would so want to be her! I love that dress and she's one of the few people out there who can pull off those kind of glasses without looking like a prat.

Now this one is such a little hipster:

Super cool!

And now for the MOST SPECTACTULARLY AMAZING PHOTO EVER (*drumroll*):

TA-DA!

Buddy Holly glasses? Check.

Fuzzy assymetrical haircut which probably wasn't assymetrical on purpose? Check.

FANSHMASTIC sequin sweater Leslie Hall (and I!) would surely envy? CheckCheckSuperCheck.

GUITAR? Oh hells yes CheckCheckCheck!!11!!!!!!!111!!!!1

All of these elements combine to make the BEST SCHOOL PICTURE EVER!!!

I really wish I could submit my own awesome laser picture to the site but, sadly, I don't have any :(. I actually don't think I have any school photos after about 1st grade. I have some proofs hanging around and I'm in my high school yearbook but I could never get my parents to buy the fancy backgrounds (since we usually didn't buy the photo at all) and in most of my earlier photos I had to wear a uniform (my first nine years of education were spent in Catholic school).

Sigh.

Oh well.

If any of you guys have laser photos you should definitely submit them to We Have Lasers!!!!!!!! and give me a link! I'd love to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. what a coincidence! I found this website a couple days ago and fell in love with it as well.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's so wonderful! I think it's been posted on a lot of blogs, lately. I found it in an email from Jason Mraz's music newsletter. It linked to a laser he submitted to the site. I wanted to know what it was all about and before I knew it I was hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed a lot as I was reading this post, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha, I'm always happy to entertain, Kay ;}!

    ReplyDelete