Thursday, January 5, 2012

One and Two

Happy 2012! I've got lots to show you but where to start, where to start? Hmm? I guess I'll start with these two:

1. Here's a little something I did for Ten Paces and Draw's December mixtape. The song I was asked to interpret was the Gossip's "Standing in the Way of Control." It's all about being who you are and sticking with your friends despite the forces trying to keep you down. Growing up I went to a Catholic school with a very strict dress code and was often getting into trouble for coming into school with nail polish on, or brightly colored shoelaces, or (once) wearing a shiny black patent leather headband with one inch metal spikes sticking out of it. Imagine what would have happened if I'd showed up with a flowerpot sticking out of my head?

Private School Rebels


2. This one was done for SCBWI's Tomie dePaola award contest. The prompt was to illustrate a few lines from Chicken Licken. I didn't win but whatevs, I had fun.

Chicken Licken

3 comments:

  1. These are both so imaginative and fun! I love the bright colors and patterns you've used. Looking forward to seeing more of your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still really love your work! Glad to see you are still making beautiful images...

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you haven't done so aleady, you should upload your entry here: http://scbwicontest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete